How Do I Get a Refund from Lufthansa?
After a flight cancelation, it's always getting a quickfire refund that's on an individual's mind. Hefty prices of even the most basic air tickets provide enough impetus to make people look for refunds. All major airlines are considerate enough to allow refunds on flight cancellations. If one is looking for a refund from Lufthansa Airlines, one can read on further to know how to do so and get the Lufthansa phone number.
Lufthansa Flight Cancellations and Refund Policy
- Any ticket, irrespective of its type, if canceled within 24 hours of the booking, will not invite any charges, and a complete refund will be provided. The booking must be made seven days before the scheduled departure.
- After 24 hours from booking, ticket cancellations will incur cancellation charges, whose amount will vary depending upon the flight route, destination, and the fare type.
- Refundable tickets can still claim a refund on the total price of the ticket on cancellations after 24 hours from the booking. The final refund will be the full fare minus the cancellation charges.
- Nonrefundable tickets are ineligible for any refunds except the government charges and taxes.
- Partially used refundable tickets are eligible for refunds on the unused parts of the ticket itinerary.
- No refund is processed in case of a No-show.
How to Raise a Lufthansa Refund Request?
If one booked their Lufthansa reservation directly from the airline or one of its affiliates, they could use the official website to get a refund from Lufthansa. However, the reimbursements are only processed after a confirmed cancellation, and one has to cancel their flight before requesting refunds. The process of canceling and raising a refund claim is described below:
Via the Lufthansa Website:
- Select the "My Bookings" tab on the Lufthansa homepage and search for the flight using the reservation details.
- Wait till the browser loads the flight itinerary linked to the concerned flight and click on "Modify."
- Choose the "Cancel Flight" option to begin the cancelation procedure.
- Pay the charges if any are prompted by the browser, and confirm the cancellation.
- Those eligible will get the refund raise option on this portal and can use it to start the refund procedure.
- An email signifying a positive cancellation will be sent to the linked email address, and it will also contain the refund link.
- One might use this link if the cancellation portal didn't give the option to do so.
Alternatively, if one had already canceled their flight or canceled the flight, then a refund request form available at the bottom of the Lufthansa homepage can be filled out and submitted to a Lufthansa refund team to begin the refund procedure.
How to Contact Lufthansa Customer Service?
- The details of Lufthansa customer service are mentioned on the Contact Support webpage.
- One can get to this page by clicking on "Help & Contact" under the Customer services menu on the Lufthansa homepage.
- The browser will now open the desired support webpage.
- Get to the lower half of the page and click on "Refund requests" to open the drop-down menu.
- This menu will have the airline's contact support phone number for refunds.
One can call the Lufthansa refund customer service by dialing its customer service phone number if the website isn't accessible due to some reason. The customer service agent will answer all kinds of refund queries and help raise further refund requests.