How Do I Get a Refund from Air India?
Are you worried about getting a refund from Air India? Flight cancellations are tedious and frustrating. The Cancellation is not only one problem; you can also get stuck with the refund. The process is not very pleasing if you are not aware of the proper way and are reluctant to do this. Sit back and relax if you have bookings with Air India but wish to cancel and are worried about your refund from Air India; for a swift cancellation and refund process, read the below instructions to get your money back quickly.
Air India Refund Policy
To avail of the refund, you must be aware of the Air India Refund Policies. To know these guidelines, read the following:
- Travelers with non-refundable tickets are not eligible to get refunds. The ones only with refundable tickets get the refunds from airlines.
- If you have canceled before 24 hours of booking and the booking has been made at least seven days before, you will receive a full refund.
- You can save 10 USD more than cancellation fees if you cancel your tickets online.
- As per the refund policy of Air India, You do not have to pay the cancellation fees if the airline cancels for any reason and will receive the total amount you paid and an attractive travel voucher.
- Air India also refunds a total amount for any cancellation made because of the death of any close family members. You must provide appropriate documents within 120 days of the travel date.
Air India Refund Process
Here are steps which you can refer to initiate a refund. Go through the following to understand the procedure.
- Get into the official website https://www.airindia.in/.
- Click on “Manage Booking” on the homepage.
- On the new redirected page, you will find two options.
- Either login into your existing account or enter your last name and booking number to retrieve your trip.
- If it is already canceled, you will find an option of “check status.” Click on it to go through the details of the refund that has been processed to your account.
- If not, you can request to cancel your booking and can access the refund process.
- After canceling your trip, click on the refund.
- Enter your bank account details, ticket details, and personal details in the refund form.
- Click on “Confirm.”
- You will receive an email and an SMS regarding the refund.
- You can also call 1 (888) 634-1407 to know more about your refunds.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund?
Air India is relatively easy and user-friendly to the refund process. Wanna know about the time taken by Air India to refund your amount? The airlines try to credit refunds as soon as possible without putting their customers in trouble.
- After accepting your cancellation request usually takes 7 to 20 business days to reflect the credited amount in your bank account.
- The airlines, at most, take three days to initiate the refund. Then within the next five days, it credits the amount to the bank. It depends on the bank’s end to credit the amount into your account.
- The refund method will be the same as the way of payment while booking.
Cancellation and Refunds have always been a convenient process with Air India. The refund time is also not very much for a customer to wait for. Air India also offers travel credits and vouchers for canceled flights. And only for emergency canceled flights from the customer end. Please contact Air India Customer Service phone number.