How do I Change My Flight Date in Air India?
There are many Air India ticket purchasers who want to make date amendments post-booking due to endless reasons. If you are among them and exploring “How to change my flight ticket date Air India?” then you are provided with detailed and curated information in the next section. You must also refer to and obey the date change policies mentioned below.
Air India flight date change policies:
- Travelers must follow the Air India date change policies before making any amendments to their
- Ticket holders are permitted to make date changes without paying any charges within the initial 24 hours of flight bookings.
- After 24 hours of flight booking, customers must pay approximately 30-50 dollars as a date change fee depending upon domestic or international destination.
- Passengers must make date changes to their already booked Air India flight up to 12 hours before flight departure. No changes are authorized after this period.
- If any customer is an Air India loyalty program member, then he can make date changes in his booked ticket free of cost.
- Date changes are only possible if seats are vacant on the selected date.
- Air India allows passengers to make date changes due to medical reasons for free if they inform airlines in advance and provide supporting documents.
The online procedure to change Air India's date of travel:
The easiest date change alternative that can be used by customers to make changes to their already reserved Air India tickets is by using the online option. To use this method, there are some steps that must be followed by the customers:
- Go to the website of Air India.
- The “Manage booking” option must be selected from the top field, stating “Book and manage.”
- The passenger’s last name, along with Air India PNR number, must be inserted in the space provided, followed by clicking on the submit button.
- As the reserved ticket is displayed, You must tap on the “Air India change my flight date” button.
- You will now be shown an available calendar; select a new date if seats are available.
- If your date modification requires further payment, then you must make it and save the changes.
- Air India's newly reserved ticket information mentioning the modified date will be sent to your registered email address.
Is it possible to request an Air India date change by reaching customer care services?
Yes, Air India enables customers to make date changes reaching customer services. Sometimes emergencies occur instantly, and Air India ticket holders do not get enough time to make date changes online. In all those conditions, they can simply use Air India's customer service phone number: +1 - 888 634 1407. After callers listen to the instructions provided by an automated voice, they must tap one character from the approaching section and get in association with Air India’s representative handling date change requests and queries.
- Press 1: For Air India reservations
- Press 3: For date changes
- Press 5: For cancellations or refunds
- Press 9: For special assistance
- Press #: For directly linking the phone to representatives
Callers must supply booking details to corresponding representatives and ask them to make desired flight date changes if possible. They must make remaining online transactions to terminate the process.