How Can I Get My Money Back from WestJet?
WestJet is the second-largest airline in Canada that provides world-class services to its passengers for domestic and international flights. With top-notch services, the airlines also provide premier assistance to its passengers. Sometimes people have to cancel their flight tickets due to unavoidable situations and often question, Can I get my money back from WestJet? Of the canceled ticket. Well, the answer to this question is affirmative in most circumstances. Let's understand the policy related to the refund for getting a refund after the flight ticket cancellation.
WestJet Airlines Refund Policy
- The passengers are allowed to get a complete refund if the cancellation was made within 24 hours of the reservation. The reservation must be made at least one week before the scheduled departure of your flight.
- The passengers would have to pay the cancellation charges if the cancellation was made after 24 hours of the booking or within seven days of the scheduled flight departure. Still, the remaining amount of their flight booking will get refunded through the original payment mode.
- The passenger would get the full refund if the flight ticket were canceled due to some medical emergency/because of the death of a close relative. The passengers are required to submit the necessary documents before initiating the refund.
- The refund will be credited to the passenger through the original mode of payment. And if the payment was made in cash, in that case, the airlines will contact you to know the account details on which your refund will be initiated.
- If you make the cancellation 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight, there will be no refund for the cancellation of the flight ticket.
- If there is a significant delay of more than 3 hours in flight departure and you wish to opt for the cancellation, you'll be liable to get a complete refund of your ticket amount.
- If the airlines cancel your flight ticket, you'll be liable to get your full money back within 45 days from the day of cancellation. The passengers can rebook their flight tickets for free for 45 days.
- You'll get the travel credit for the future on the timely cancellation of your non-refundable ticket.
The Process to Get the Refund from WestJet
- Get into the official website of the West Jet and click on 'Manage my trip' and choose 'Manage flight' from the list of options.
- After getting redirected to the 'Manage flight page,' fill out the passenger's reservation code and last name and click on the 'search' option.
- The list of all the available flights will appear on your screen, choose your flight and proceed towards the cancellation process.
- If you have already canceled your flight ticket, choose the option of 'refund request.'
- Fill out all the required details, fill out the refund form, and submit the details once done.
- You'll receive the confirmation of your refund request at your registered email address.
- The refund status can be checked on the official website, or you can also contact the WestJet customer service phone number to know the status of your refund.
- If you have made the reservation at the airport, you must proceed with the cancellation and refund through the same mode.
- If a travel agent makes the reservation, the passengers must ask them to process the refund as the online refund request cannot be made on such booking.
- You can also connect with the customer care agent of the airlines and ask them to make the refund request for you.
- All you need to do is dial the customer service number. After getting connected, follow the IVR process to choose your preferred language for communication and the reason for your call.
- You may get asked to wait for a while, after which the customer care executive will contact you.
- Once the agent gets in touch with you, ask him to make the refund request, and you have to provide them with all the necessary details to complete the cancellation process.
The information given in this article is all you need to find how to get my money back from WestJet for the unused canceled flight ticket.